Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Rest

We had a crazy night here. Ethan almost always sleeps through the night without a peep, but last night he woke up and could not get back to sleep. We were all awake for about 2 hours. Great--he's always super fun to be around when he's short on sleep. Then I woke up early to a nasty surprise. I've been spotting off and on for about a week and today I woke up really bleeding and passed a clot. My day is getting better and better. I was scheduled to have another ultrasound today anyway, but I got to have an abdominal and trans-vaginal ultrasound, a biophysical exam, a CBC blood test, and a non-stress test. The baby passed every test and is doing fine. I, on the other hand, am now on bedrest for the third time this pregnancy. Hopefully, the bleeding stops in the next day or two. I was really looking forward to going home this weekend for my 10 year class reunion, but I guess that won't be happening now. The doctor thinks I should stay close in case we have more bleeding. So I am a little disappointed, but obviously very glad the baby is okay.

On a lighter note, we got Ethan a picnic table this past weekend and he is loving it! He's so cute sitting there to eat a snack or look at books. I even got him to color for the first time a little bit today.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

danny.des.jack.nora said...

That's where you two were hiding all day! :) Jack actually took a super long nap so any time that you would normally be out, he was snoozing away. That is crazy Laci! That is crazy how much stuff they had to do. I am so glad that the baby is doing ok though. Seriously, let me know what I can do to help you!

Mom said...

I'm so relieved to hear everything's okay with you. Seems like Little Brother plans on making a Grand Entrance!

Ethan's quite the poser! Oh, we love you, Blue!
XOXO Grammy

Amanda said...

Hope you are doing ok. I tried to call today, but you must have been resting. I'll get you called soon! I love this picture of Ethan. He sure seems to be enjoying his new table.