Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sad Day

Yesterday was a rough one at the Schrant house. I took Ethan to get his two month immunizations (which I know he needed, but it was still hard to see him get poked.) He got two shots in one leg, one in the other, and then an oral one. He didn't like getting the shots too much, but he got over it really quickly and then was fine all morning. But, when he woke up at 1:00 to eat....oh man.....poor kid started screaming in pain. This is the first time he has really experienced any kind of pain and it was not pretty. I gave him some Tylenol and put a cold pack on his little leg, but he cried for a good 45 minutes. I felt so badly for him, I was crying right along with him. It didn't help that he got his tears in last week either. It was just heartbreaking holding him for that hour. I even called Ben I was so upset! Anyway, he seems to be back to normal now. We're good for two months, but then we are back for more shots. I'm sure Ethan has already forgotten the pain...let's hope I can do the same!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Oh, poor Ethan! It's hard to see your kids in pain...maybe harder for mom than baby!

Anonymous said...

I think you should let Daddy take him for the next set of shots.

Becca said...

You won't forget quite as fast...but it gets easier.