Ben has been fishing so much lately. He has been going nearly everyday--weather permitting. He is definitely enjoying his last few days of freedom before his internship starts in July. The other night he took me along and I caught a couple. Check out this big guy...
He was probably only about 6 inches long at the most. And, don't I look thrilled? Ben was holding up the line and trying to take the picture at the same time. The poor little fish was flopping around and I about can't stand that. I don't touch my fish. I think it turns out to be way more work for Benj when he brings me along. He ends up untangling my line several times and taking off any fish that I might catch. He never complains, though!
He was probably only about 6 inches long at the most. And, don't I look thrilled? Ben was holding up the line and trying to take the picture at the same time. The poor little fish was flopping around and I about can't stand that. I don't touch my fish. I think it turns out to be way more work for Benj when he brings me along. He ends up untangling my line several times and taking off any fish that I might catch. He never complains, though! While I'm posting about fishing, here is my Dad with a really big one. He and Ben got to go fishing when we were home over the weekend and Dad caught a 5 pound bass! Ben was so jealous!!
4 comments:
Awesome fish Lou!
I LOVE your photo! I can actually see "ick" behind your smile!
You are a no-touch fisher-trooper!
Larry and Rick took me fishing once when we were dating. They tried to teach me how to cast, and somehow I managed to put a dent in Rick's new pick-up with a lead weight that zinged out backwards! I happily cast over and over while the guys pulled in fish after fish. After inspecting my line, Rick discovered that Larry had conveniently left off the hook. I found out later that he had told Rick he was tired of being interrupted continuously to clean off all the junk that I snagged. On my second fishing trip I managed to hook a fish in the eye, and that was that! I was finished for life!
Way to go Lac! Next step....worm your hook and touch the fish!! Ok, maybe just one step at a time. I love to fish...whish I could have gone with you guys!!!! And way to go dad...I bet Ben was jealous. So, will Ben have activity withdrawal when he starts his internship?
I hate to touch fish too! You look so cute in that picture! how fun that you go fishing with Ben! I miss you guys!
Post a Comment