As I said in the last post, I decided to make Ben the triple layer lemon cake. Well, turns out it was really yummy....but I think I made the biggest frosting disaster ever! The cake has homemade lemon curd in between the cake layers and then lemon cream cheese frosting on the top and sides. Evidently, I didn't let the lemon curd cool enough and as I was trying to frost the cake the layers started shifting, which caused much of the lemon curd to come out the sides and mix in to the frosting. So, I now have a leaning cake with curd/frosting mixture all over me and the kitchen. Really, it was one huge mess! But, the good news is that it tasted great and in the end, it didn't look sooo bad.

Here's Ben playing video games on the morning of his birthday! I'm glad he likes his birthday present!

Here is Danny and Tyler looking really happy to be photographed and Mom and Dad Schrant at El Vaquero for Ben's birthday dinner.


The best part of eating at the 'Vaq for your birthday is that they bring out a big sombrero and sing a Spanish song while hitting you on the head. It's probably much more fun if it's someone else's birthday, actually. We all loved seeing Ben in the hat, though and he was a good sport about it. And hey, they give you free dessert, so you can't complain too much! Happy Birthday Benji, I hope you had a good one!



5 comments:
I've yet to figure out the hitting on the head? Hey, it's your birthday, let's hit you on the head! ??
Man, that cake sounds good. You're incredible! You're a good wife. I'm pretty sure I gave Jonathan oreos!
What fun! We are so happy that you will agree to an entire family overtaking the apartment for the sake of birthdays! You are a blessing to both Ben and us.
Love, Mom II
Happy Birthday Ben! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! That cake looks so good! You need to post the recipe!
great pictures laci! and what a cook!
HOw fun!!! Your cake looks super YUMMY!
Post a Comment