I was on the phone with my parents yesterday just chatting about the weekend and told them that we were going over to a friend's house to have smoked meat. There was complete silence for a second and my Dad said, "You're going to go smoke weed?" I, of course, starting laughing and told him, "No, Dad, MEAT, not weed." And really, if I was going to go smoke weed, I certainly wouldn't be chatting about it with you, Dad.
The BBQ was really great last night--Thanks, Melinda! Everyone brought something so wonderful. Benj and I made Carmel Apple Crisp and we thought it was really yummy, so I thought that I would share the recipe. We doubled it, and it filled a 9x13 pan to the brim! It fed a lot of people and we still have some left.
4 large Granny Smith apples, thinly sliced (about 8 cups)
25 KRAFT Caramels (1/2 of 14-oz. bag)
2 Tbsp. milk
25 NILLA Wafers, crushed (about 1 cup crumbs)
1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) cold margarine or butter, cut up
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Place half of the apple slices in 1-1/2-qt. baking dish; top with half of the caramels. Repeat layers. Pour milk over caramel layer; set aside.
MIX wafer crumbs, oats and sugar in medium bowl. Cut in margarine with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle evenly over carmel layer.
BAKE 30 to 35 min. or until apples are tender. Serve warm.
Monday, January 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am SO glad you've posted again! I check every day and have been missing you and Ben. Perhaps I'll try cooking again; you always make it sound so fun! Love, Mom II
Post a Comment