Today is my 26th birthday--I am getting old here, people! I told Ben last night that I was now in my upper 20s....that's just weird, but I guess I better get used to it. Ben can now tease me about being older than him for 17 days until he, too, turns 26. Ben came home from Moberly last night so that he could be here for my birthday. Luckily, he is on an ER rotation and can set his own schedule. He was up early this morning baking me a German chocolate cake--from scratch. And tonight, he is going to cook a nice dinner! What a good guy. I have already been spoiled, too. I got money and a cute Jim Shore Easter Tree in the mail, plus some really nice cards and my parents sent me flowers at work! They are absolutely beautiful and they smell wonderful. Thanks to everyone! You make my day really special, even if we are far away.

Ben let me order something I have been wanting for my birthday present, too. As I have said before, I have started to make my own cards. Well, I decided that I wanted a Cuttlebug, and since I got it last week, I have been making so many cards! In case you don't know, a Cuttlebug is a machine that does dry embossing and die cutting. I love it! I attached an example of an embossed card. The picture isn't the best, but maybe you can see the raised flowers in the background on the card. It's so much fun to use and I think it really dresses up a simple card.
4 comments:
Happy Birthday!
I have a die cut machine that works well for the embossing folders, so I've went a little card crazy too. I just got a cute little folder to make my valentines cards!
Happy Birthday! I hope your day was fun! I love your card! It is so cute!
Happy Belated Birthday.
You are very crafty and your cards look great. I wish I had ambition to do something like that, but I don't. That is why I love gals like you who will make wonderful cards and I can buy them and try to pass them off as my own!
HAPPY late BIRTHDAY!! That is a COOL machine! Your card is so pretty! Sounds like a super duper day! =) Your weekend getaway also sounds like a nice break! Jonathan is on ER...wish he could pick his schedule. Thanks for the updates!
Post a Comment