Sunday, October 28, 2007

Relaxing Weekend

I haven't done much at all this weekend. How great is that?! Sometimes it sure is nice just to sit back and relax. Ben and I cleaned the house and did laundry on Friday, so the past two days I feel like I am at a loss as to what to do....not that that is a bad thing.

Ben had his interview here at Kirksville on Friday. He felt like it went pretty well. I know he is glad to have it over. Now, we just have to hope that they will give him a spot. He is really wanting to stay here for the anesthesia residency, but so are a couple of other students, so we'll have to wait and see what happens. He's got more interviews coming. Next weekend is Des Peres in St. Louis. He's been so busy lately that he hasn't gotten to do his favorite activities. Today he is out turkey hunting. I am hoping that he doesn't bring one home, we don't need any more game in our freezer. Anyone want some turkey or dove??

This weekend was Truman's homecoming and they had a 5K race on Saturday morning. I decided to go ahead and run in it, just for fun. It's weird to say this, but I think that running the 5K was nearly as hard as doing the longer distances. There's not much time to get into a rhythm, plus, I swear they picked a course with the most hills possible. Really, I didn't realize there were so many hills here! Anyway, I finished in 24:34 and came in 4th for my age group.

Oh, and I got an email about some pictures that were taken at the marathon....Here is a link if you are interested in seeing a few more pictures of me.

http://www.backprint.com/go.asp?24128013

1 comment:

Jodie B. said...

We will see you in Des Peres next weekend! Are you going to the reception on Friday night?