Monday, June 13, 2011

Busy Weekend

We had a busy weekend around here. My parents came to town and helped us out a ton. I had a bunch of car trouble on the way home last weekend--like the car died about 30 or more times in the last 2 hours of the trip. We made it home, but I was not going to drive the car any kind of long distance again. It was pretty scary by myself with two little boys. Anyway, I tried to take the car in to get fixed on Friday. It was really unclear what was wrong with it and any potential fixes were going to cost quite a bit of money with no guarantee. So, I talked Ben into letting me get a different van on Saturday! We found a nice one here in town and just went for it. Ben and my Dad spent some time on Saturday (after buying a new van) fixing the air conditioning in his car. He has had some hot trips back and forth from KC this summer. Ben and I then got to go out Saturday night to the intern and resident banquet. Between the car troubles and the banquet we really needed some help with the boys the past few days.
The boys had a great time playing with MeMa and PaPa. Ethan and PaPa looked for cicadas a lot (Ethan's favorite activity the past couple weeks) and we played at the park several times. We even celebrated Father's Day a week early, since Ben is on call and won't be home next week. It was a super busy, but really fun weekend for all of us! Thanks Mom and Dad for everything!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Becca said...

Wow! Scary with the car trouble!! I'm glad everything worked out okay!