Wednesday, January 14, 2009

First Week with Ethan

Ethan is doing so great and is one week old today. We are learning how to take care of him and ourselves at the same time. Those first few days I had a hard time even remembering to do the basic things...like brush my teeth! We had a few rough nights, but he seems to be settling into things a little better. He had his best night yet yesterday. We gave him his first sponge bath this week and he went to his first doctor's appointment yesterday. He has gained back half the weight he lost in the hospital, so we're happy about that. Ben says he is getting a lot cuter lately too, and I have to agree. Here are some pictures of our little man to enjoy.





8 comments:

Amanda said...

Hey there Little Ethan!! Looks like Mommy and Daddy are doing fantastic with you!!!! You are so adorable! Take good care of mommy and daddy and give them lots of love for me!

Vicki said...

Can't wait to meet Ethan! Glad you and Ben are doing well too.

Tif Sweeney said...

Ethan IS a cutie!!!! I'm glad to hear that you are getting things figured out so quickly!! Enjoy him while he is still so little. They grow up way too fast!!

DrBrunnabend said...

They are soooo precious at this age. It will be strange to look back at these pictures even in a year from now and realize how much he has changed :) Just remember....if he is a beast at times, wait until he is sleeping and savor the "precious and perfectly behaved child" sleeping in your arms...hehe.

Bonnie said...

He is so cute! Congratulations! What a sweet little boy!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Laci! I love the picture of you with Ethan! You look perfectly-rested and beautiful-as-ever! ...and I love the "yellow sleeper" picture! So sweet!

wendy said...

Oh, Laci. It is so surreal to see you and Ben with a baby! I think it really hit me seeing the pic of Ben in scrubs holding Ethan. I can't imagine how your life has changed already. We are so happy for you!!

Lauren said...

Adorable! He is so cute! You look great too!