And here we are shaking hands after church. It was like a wedding reception line. The whole church filed past and welcomed us into the congregation.
Monday, March 3, 2008
I'm a member!
Yesterday, our friends Lauren and Erick and I all joined the Methodist Church here. We have been talking about it for awhile, and since Benj and I are going to be here for his residency, I decided to go ahead and join. You would think that it wouldn't have taken me four years to get around to it, but whatever. It is nice that I have found a church home and hopefully, I can get a little more involved here. I am already doing a Bible study and I have really enjoyed getting to know those girls better. I am so glad that the Schuermann's were there with me; it made the whole experince less scary...Who wants to go stand up in front of the whole church?? We were all just transferring our membership, so it was really no big deal, but several of our friends did come to see us! Here's a fun picture of Lauren, me Laura, and Elsie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Can you believe we finally did it?? Thanks for joining us for the big day. What a funny story we can tell our kids one day! :)
Congratulations, Laci! Big loss for the Catholic Church, but as my mom says, "If I weren't Catholic, I'd definitely be Methodist." We'll continue to love you anyway. :)
Fun Day! I like mom ii! I'll go say another rosary for Ben! =)
Post a Comment